Sunday, April 14, 2013

wiki tiki tumble

I really wanted to add to the class wiki, but it seems (as for a lot of my classmates as well) that the class wiki website was taking too long to accept my registration. However, I have used quite a few wiki's in my time ranging from Wikipedia to specific wikis for video games. The concept is truly brilliant, the first time I used Wikipedia I remember laughing about how I began my search for information on Hawaii, and ended up looking at a list of American gladiators. In nearly every argument I am involved in, Wikipedia is always the knowledge referee, and will have the final say even if suspiciously edited.

This exchange and community of knowledge really does show how evolved the Internet has become, it's also a grand analogy of the Internet itself. A vast collection information contributed but millions of people, yet somehow I use it to memorize the first series of American gladiators.

*Once accepted to the wikispace I will update as needed for this assignment and future assignments that require the class wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment