After a lot of thought I figured I would do my final project on 4chan.org. Which is a huge "no-no" if you are an active member of that community. The reason is, it's an anonymous website with a huge community of hackers and jerks who feel like elitist even though it's free to the public and has a giant user base. Yet any form of trying to promote it and involve new people breaks some made up "fight club" style of code that starts a shitstorm amongst them and usually provokes some kind of cyber attack even if minor.
Then again I do not feel like I am exposing the website or defending it, I am simply sharing information that can be accessed by googling "4chan". Therefore, I am not too worried.
The topic is just too interesting to pass up and I think 4chan is a direct example of how powerful web 2.0 has become. I feel like it is one of the few places left in the world that is truly free.
Enjoy and as always, thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment